A Quick Sailboat...

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

in
I've been really busy trying to get my shop up and running.  It's really a ton of work, but I'm really excited that it's heading in a good direction - we actually have some cool stock, are making sales, and am having fun working on this with my husband.  He calls himself the "unpaid intern" for the business.... but that's another story!

I took a couple of minutes to make a quick sailboat skirt from some fabric that I've had in my stash for years and years.  I'm pretty sure that it's from Osh Kosh - there was a time where I had access to buy Osh Kosh fabric, and I bought a ton of it for my oldest kids.  It obviously never got used....

It's a very heavy twill - probably more suited to shorts or pants, but my daughter insists on skirts and dresses.


I added some Riley Blake mini-poms around the edge....I love how they looked - and it dawned on me while I was putting them in that the little hats actually have pom-poms on them!  It wasn't really easy though to put these in - I inserted them just like you'd insert piping, but I think I need more practice....which, I'll most likely get because I think these are so cute it's worth it.

I didn't want to purchase any buttons, and had the choice between plain white, and the red anchor buttons in my button jar.  The white were too plain, and the red were too small, so I got out some super glue and glued them together....I lined up the holes with a pin and they went together perfectly.

The model was WAY less than cooperative this evening.....after school - before dinner.....not the best time to gain cooperation from a two year old!

I made this in a 3T - fits perfectly.  Next time, I might make a 3T and add an inch or two...



2 comments:

  1. I love these with this top! Very clever on the buttons, they work perfectly with the skirt.

    Your little girl is the same age as sweet pea too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute - & clever buttons!

    ReplyDelete