A Sparkly Sunday Brunch

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

in
I cut out a bunch of stuff - mostly in sizes 3 with 4 length - at the beginning of "fall" in southern California.  Unfortunately, we really haven't had much of a fall, and my sewing got sidetracked with other commitments - like life, and holidays.  So, I realized that I'd better tackle these already cut-out projects before they get too small.

I may have been too late.

My kid has shot up lately.  I think she's about 44" tall now, which puts her at the end height-range of the size 5.  Oops. 

I tackled a Sunday Brunch jacket - one of my favorite styles from the Oliver + S patterns.  If there was an adult version, I'd definitely give it a try.

I used some fabric that I picked up in the Los Angeles garment district in a place that sells by the pound - $2.50/pound to be exact.  This fabric is definitely unknown content - it has metallic thread through it, but washed up beautifully and is very soft.  I have absolutely no clue what it could even be made of.  When Julia saw me cutting it up, she immediately loved it.

I did, however, have a heck of a time photographing it....

The buttons have some "bling" to them, and Julia loves them.  So, she loves the fabric and the buttons....perfect!





 Unfortunately, it's definitely on the small size.  This is a size 4, and I'll definitely have to make a 5 the next time.  It's like a perfect fit, but no room to grow whatsoever.  Luckily, I was smart enough to snag a paper copy of this pattern in the larger size a while ago.  At the time that I bought it, the idea of my little one being in the "big" size range seemed so far off....I'm sure I'll blink an eye and she'll be outgrowing this one altogether....WAH!!!



13 comments:

  1. This jacket looks sweet on the small side. Liddy wore hers with the cuffs rolled down.
    Perfectly pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole - yes, Julia (and Liddy) can definitely carry off the "small" look - not me!

      Delete
  2. This is very cute on her! The jacket I made over a year ago is still going strong and she gets so many compliments when she wears it. I would love to make another after seeing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - it's such a unique style - clever, clever Liesl!

      Delete
  3. J looks charming in the jacket; thanks for tip about it being a snug fit. Love the buttons. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful and she is so adorable in it! I love the buttons. I have this pattern and had wanted to do a velvet jacket for Christmas but I didn't get around to it. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOhhhhh....I love the idea of a velvet Sunday Brunch! That would be amazing!

      Delete
  5. Jacket looks terrific and the buttons make it sing. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb - I knew the buttons would be just perfect for this jacket with the metallic thread - and my kid really likes the "bling" factor.

      Delete
  6. I really love this pattern! you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! And, you really can't go wrong with this pattern; it's so adorable and unique for a kid's jacket.

      Delete
  7. Stunning Janice. What wonderful fabric and I love the top of the hips length of this jacket. Now you're reminding me I must make another as soon as it cools down here

    ReplyDelete